October 6, 2007

Walmart

Walmart tried for years to offer only American-made products, and assumed that Americans would prefer them. Walmart discovered that its competitors were realizing significant cost advantages by importing goods. It became apparent that Americans really do not care where their shirts and shoes and tools are made. American consumers just want lower prices. So Walmart adapted to the desires of its consumers.

I was not a Walmart shopper until recently. Once I realized how much liberals hated Walmart, I had to shop there. My wife and I have discovered that we can both save money and irritate liberals at the same time. I am so happy!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many wal-mart shoppers do not have the luxury of acting on it. If I were making $25,000 per year and could save $5 on something at Wal-mart by buying Chinese, you can be darn sure I would. I might be very upset in doing so, but I need the $5 more. Now, I happen to make much more and I generally choose to buy elsewhere than Wal-mart because I think I can afford and get better quality. I also can afford to factor in country of origin if I want to. It just turned out for Wal-mart that a large portion of those they cater to value country of origin less than baseline pricing. Certainly that is far from your over broad reference to "Americans". The market in general and at Wal-mart is far more segmented.

Changing LINKS